GPC manufactures approximately two hundred generic, over-the-counter and veterinary products. The Companyís product line also extends to cosmetics, household cleaning agents and an array of essences. These products are all sold on local and international markets. The companyís manufacturing plant is located at Farm, East Bank Demerara, on the outskirts of the capital, Georgetown, it is spread over 5 acres of land and comprises five (5) major Sectors:
1. The Administrative building: offices, boardroom, canteen, medical centre, sanitary facilities and changing areas for staff.
2. The Warehouse buildings: facilities for quarantine, raw materials storage, raw materials fractioning, packaging materials storage, and storage for finished formulations.
3. The high-volume manufacturing facility specifically designed for large volume proprietary liquid pharmaceutical preparations.
4. The integrated-pharmaceuticals facility is specifically designed for the manufacture of tablets, capsules, liquids, drop and sprays, ointments and creams, suppositories, and ampoule/vial injectables while maintaining the integrity of each product.¬ This building also houses the quality, chemical and microbiological laboratories.
5. The maintenance building: main plant services such as water purification stand-by electricity, low pressure steam, air conditions units, compressed air and equipment spares.
The layout of the complex allows a logical flow of materials throughout the plant with specialized storage as required.¬ The construction, design, materials utilized and the methods of installation are entirely consistent with current good manufacturing practices.