NEW GPC INC. has planned and commenced the expansion of itsportfolio to include product lines such as:
- Sanitary products and disinfectant for hospitals
- Dietary Supplements
The Company has the capacity to enter into contracts for the manufacture and supply of products on a large scale basis. Additionally we have been engaged in the manufacture of Sprinkles, a micronutrient in two formulations for pregnant mothers and children. This product is supplied exclusively to the Government of Guyana through its Ministry of Health, for further distribution to people of Guyana.
NEW GPC INC. manufactures approximately two hundred generic and over-the-counter drugs. The Company’s product line also extends to cosmetics, household cleaning agents and an array of essences and dietary supplement. These products are all sold on local and international markets. The Company’s manufacturing plant is located at Farm, East Bank Demerara, on the outskirts of the capital city, Georgetown. It is spread over 5 acres of land and comprises five (5) major Sectors:
1. The Administrative building: offices, boardroom, canteen, medical centre, sanitary facilities and changing areas for staff.
2. The Warehouse and external manufacturing buildings: facilities for quarantine, raw materials storage, raw materials fractioning, packaging materials storage, storage for finished formulations and the production of external products.
3. The high-volume manufacturing facility specifically designed for large volume proprietary liquid pharmaceutical preparations.
4. The integrated-pharmaceuticals facility is specifically designed for the manufacture of tablets, capsules, liquids, drop and sprays, ointments and creams, suppositories, and ampoule/vial injectables while maintaining the integrity of each product. This building also houses the quality, chemical and microbiological laboratories.
5. The maintenance building: main plant services such as water purification stand-by electricity, low pressure steam, air conditions units, compressed air and equipment spares.
The layout of the complex allows a logical flow of materials throughout the plant with specialized storage as required. The construction, design, materials utilized and the methods of installation are entirely consistent with current good manufacturing practices.